Tuesday, November 19, 2019

I Should Have Hugged You


Man I still think about James.  Not as often, and it doesn't really hurt like it used to.  Some of that is because my life is super happy right now.  I am fulfilled.  I have a great family, wonderful friends, my son is such a darling, my career is amazing, I'm sewing and drawing and making wonderful stuff and I have a very sweet loving kind boyfriend in my life.  So my life is full, and my mind is full.  I don't think about James as much as I used to.

Then sometimes I hear a song or see something like this and my heart melts. I think back to the last time I saw him when he came to see me.  And it was SO weird, so unreal, so shocking and all of that- I was taken off guard.  I wish I could go back and do it over again.  There are things I would change.  I would have just let him embrace me and not said a word.  Kissed him and owned it.  Kissed him and told God inside that see I knew he's loved me all along and couldn't wait to kiss me again.  I could FEEL his longing for me.  It was there.  And it wasn't a sexual longing but instead a longing to be near me, to hold me again.

If I could do it over I would just sit there and kiss him and hug him, no worries, no doubts, no fears.

And before he left that night I wish I would have hugged him tighter and harder.  I had no idea it was going to be the last time I would see his face in... three years now?  I miss his face.  No matter how good life is, how much love I have in my life, I still miss James' beautiful face. 

I remember he sent me a message once, after being gone for a long time, and he told me he wished he could come back and be "intimate" with me again.  I love that choice of word, intimate.  It's so special, soft and caring.  A cuddle is intimate.  I soft gentle late-night conversation is intimate.  Kissing is intimate.  Foreheads together smiling at each other is intimate. 

Intimate.

Hugging is intimate.

I wish I would have hugged you longer the last time I saw you.

I wish I could hug you again.

I miss your sweet kind smile.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment