Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"Like I'm Gonna Lose You"


I wish.  I wish so much that I would have held you just a wee bit tighter the last time I had you in my arms.

I wish.  I wish as you walked out my door, walked down the steps and crossed my lawn on that chilly October night that I would have ran after you, threw my arms around your cute little neck and hugged you, told you how much I love you and how heartbroken I was that you were leaving.

I wish.  I wish that last time we made love I would have looked in your eyes for even longer.  Whispered I love you one more time.  Touched your face for one more moment, ever so gentle.

I wish.  I wish the last time I kissed you I would have closed my eyes and told myself, "Remember how this feels forever.  Know your husband.  Trust this kiss.  Know this kiss." 

I wish.  I wish... that I would have loved you like I was going to lose you.

My Heart.  My Love.  My Buddy.  My Friend.  I miss you so much. 

Ever so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment