Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hope Versus Expectation


I am going to try my hand at explaining what I feel is the difference between HOPE and EXPECTATION.  Allllll throughout this twin soul journey you will hear people saying "Don't have any expectations."  Like... go ahead and write to your twin soul but don't have any expectations.  I've always asked myself why having expectations is a bad thing?  Isn't it akin to "hoping" which is the same as praying and wishing... and all lead to manifestation when done with positive energy? Positive energy meaning I don't think any of us should be saying a prayer of, "Oh dear God please I don't want to fall on my ass!!!" because that will only lead to more ass-falling.  But on the flip side making the hear-felt wish of, "I really wish to have a positive productive day and that the meeting I am hosting turns out as great as I plan it to!"  Now THAT is the attitude you need in order to manifest.  No no to the ass-falling!!!

So why is "expectation" singled out as the red-headed step-child in the twin soul journey?  All I can come up with is this: there is something about that word "expect" that is tinged with this nasty feeling of ENTITLEMENT- and I do not like the energy behind a feeling of entitlement.  Entitlement is when a mom asks her son to mow the grass {because she takes care of his every need} and he "expects" to get paid for it instead of just hoping she might slip him ten bucks.  Entitlement is an lofty sense of "You owe me."  It's doing a favor for someone and expecting something in return instead of simply lending a helping hand.  Now if a friend spends all day helping a buddy move in then he can hope the buddy might spring for pizza and beer at the end of the day but unless otherwise specified the helper should not expect something in return for helping.  But he can hope for it.

I think hope is having an optimistic heart's desire.  And that is okay!  Aren't we meant to "Dare to dream!!??"  How can we dream without hopes and wishes involved?  The best way for me to explain the difference between expectation and hope is with the following: I learned early on after separation that there is nothing I can do in 3D like push, prod, beg, manipulate or cajole my twin soul into responding to me if I contact him. Whether or not he responds has all to do with my energy and whether or not I am ready to get a response from him.  Sometimes I am overwhelmed with desire to pour my heart out to him and I do. And then I HOPE and pray to get a response that reflects love.  I am surrendered enough to never ever EXPECT to get a response.  Expecting to get a response leads to the energy of, "Why the fuck isn't he responding to me?  Doesn't he know it is rude not to respond?  I can't believe he's ignoring me like this!"  Expecting a response is continuing to live this union in a 3D manner where you write to him and you expect that he's going to respond back to you just like all your other non-twin soul friends or loved ones, and it does not work like that with a twin flame.  There is no sense of "I wrote to you and now I am entitled to a response so you'd better respond soon or else I'm going to lash out at you and tell you how rude you are for not responding."  No no no, none of that works with twin souls.  Hoping for a response is okay though!  Sending a message of love and then praying to hear something in return is fine. Being patient yet still wishing to hear back... all of that is okay.  There is nothing wrong with hoping, wishing, praying.  But to rigidly "expect" it as if you are entitled to a response, yeah that's not gonna work out too well for you in a twin soul union.  Really unless you are involved in a contractual type of obligation where some sort of prior agreement was made that "I am going to do this thing and then you will do that for me in return," like working a job to get paid expectation should be avoided in all walks of life..  But hoping, dreaming, wishing... that energy, in my opinion, is fine.  You can also take some responsibility and work on nurturing your inner love energy with the confident hope that it will draw you flame closer to you.  But don't join yoga, write a novel and take in twelve homeless cats "expecting" that you now deserve your twin soul back because you've earned it through your good deeds because all that will lead you to is a hairy couch on which your new book lays next to your yoga mat... but no twin soul. You cannot "earn back" a twin soul or do something to "deserve" him to be in your life.  You can't do some act or growth and "expect" some specific outcome, and worse yet then get pissed off when it does not happen.

But you sure can make changes, work on your energy, love yourself and your twin, and hope for the best while you dream big!

A lot of people tell me, "You deserve to have a good man who loves you!"  My friend who lives with me, she and I both kinda cringe at the use of the word "deserve."  To me it has a shitty, pissy feeling to it.  Like a cross child stomping his foot, having a hissy fit while saying, "But I deserve the toy mama!"  Instead of me saying, "I deserve love!" I feel more comfortable thinking, "I am meant for love.  I am ready for love,  I am hoping and dreaming for love and I am confident that it will soon arrive."  To me that word "expectation" goes hand it hand with the energy of, "Well I deserve it!" And believe me I have fallen into the trap plenty of times during this journey.  "My life has been so hard... I've had so many challenges... I'm a good person... I help others... so I DESERVE to be happy." And at the end of the day that statement STILL sounds childish and peevish to me.  No- I am meant to be happy. I was created to be happy.  I didn't have to earn it- it's already there waiting for me.  But I do need to be energetically healthy in order to allow my happiness to me.

I don't like to say "I deserve for my twin soul to be in my life!"  What sounds more genuine to me is, "I am meant for him to be in my life.  He is my destiny."  There are completely different energies between those two statements, one of entitlement and expectation, and one borne of a confident hope.

So again, I think there is a difference between the energy of "expecting" something to happen, like it's a direct give and take, tit for tat, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, I will love you if you fulfill a, b, c & d for me and the energy of hoping for something good to happen, being confident it will happen, keeping good thoughts and dreams inside for it to happen, praying to God it will happen, and then allowing it to happen.  There is so much less resistance with the energy of HOPING than there is with expectation.  There is something more unconditional about hoping than there is with expectation.

I can see where the saying, "Expectation is the root of all disappointment" makes sense.  Because when you expect something to happen and it doesn't then you are disappointed.  But when you hope for something to happen and it does- you are elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment