Friday, May 23, 2014

Manifestation {And The Tornado}

I was once in the middle of a tornado.  This was Father's Day 2008.  I was on a main highway in Indiana with a friend of mine driving to Indianapolis.  My town had recently been hit with the rare tornado and we were discussing it on the drive.  We talked about the best option if on the road and a tornado was approaching and we decided a ditch was *supposedly* the safest place to be.

I said, "Oh but we don't have to worry because we will never be in a tornado."  Famous. Last. Words.  The very next day on the drive back we headed right into a tornado and could not get off the road.  Cars were slamming into reverse on the highway trying to get out of the path but we were stuck dead center.  My friend looked at me and said, "What should we do?"  I said, "We are headed to that ditch right there" and we ran to the ditch while swirling blackness overtook us.  It is a surreal experience to be overcome by nighttime at midday.  The skies turned black and the wind sounded like a freight train.  We dove into this roadside country ditch that was a bed of thick vine-like weeds and I dug my hands down into Mother Earth, clinging for dear life. I was, in a word, terrified.

I literally thought I was going to die that day.  As I lay there I prayed, hard.  I said the "Our Father" and begged God to spare my life.  Me, a women who felt she'd never ever be a mother, told God, "I can't die- I have not had a child yet.  I can't die- I haven't written a book yet.  I can't die God- I have too much life left to live, things to do.  I am not done yet!  Please don't let me die!  Please don't let me die!"

Then came the "eye of the storm" and it was sooo weird.  The wheat-like vegetation in the field was shooshing and wooshing around in what felt like a vacuum... it was surprisingly calming.  Soothing almost.  I could hear this swishing sound and felt a sucking-like sensation on my back while I lay there shaking and trembling, begging The Lord to save me.

Finally it passed over us and the rain and hail began to fall.  My friend had to peel me from the ground where I still clung for dear life and we ran to the safety of her vehicle.  We both looked like we'd been in a battle- cut and bleeding from flying debris.  Dirty, broken nails from fearfully digging ourselves into the earth in order to avoid being sucked up by the passing tornado.  Hair all wound up and knotted from the wind- we looked a wreck.  I glanced back at the field and saw the coolest path that had been cut into the field from the tornado.  As we pulled over at the nearest exit to go into McDonald's and wait out the storm people were just filing out of the bathrooms where they'd be in a "tornado safe area."  Someone said, "Hey did you see that tornado just cross I-65?"  Then they saw us, sat us down and got us something to drink.  I called my mom and dad and cried.  I was shaking and in shock.  It was... life changing.  I've never felt that close to dying before.  Ironically I was not afraid to die... I was afraid of not living

A year later I had just finished writing, from beginning to end, my first novel AND I found out I was... drum roll please... totally completely shockingly pregnant with my only child.  I laid in that ditch and prayed to God to spare my life because 1) I was not yet a mother and 2) I wanted to write a book.  And bam-bam.  Within a year Spirit knocked both of those out {and up} for me.

In August of 2012 I wrote a manifestation ritual for my "one and only soul mate" {which I will post soon once I find it.}  I thought to myself- what is so sturdy and timeless to represent this love for me?  Ah- rocks!  So I chose some rocks from my garden and with Sharpie marker I wrote out all the qualities I desired in my soul mate: kindness, empathy, compassion, strength, intelligence, passion, lover of the earth... I called it my "rock ritual."  I did it then forgot it.  I found it- here it is:

"Day by day and night by night

But Spirit didn't forget.  A year later, August 2013, I met my twin soul.  He is a Geologist who radiometrically dates rocks all day long- that is his career... to play with rocks.  He is in love with the earth.  My guidance calls him my "gem" {get it? gem?}  I did a "rock ritual" and guided to me my one and only soul mate who is a Geologist and he embodies all the qualities I listed on my rocks.  My guidance calls him "Joron" and when I looked up the meaning for the name Joron it means "Earth Worker."  *sigh*  I just adore my little Geologist earth worker, answer to my prayers for my soul mate.  Healer of all the shit the tornado didn't blow out of me but only a twin soul could.

Don't think this stuff isn't true.  Manifestation is real.  Spirit does not mess around.  Be careful what you wish for and become impeccable in your words, thoughts and intent.  I'm still practicing this and it's not always easy but it is true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment